Food for Thought:
“I like living. I have sometimes been wildly despairing, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.”
-Agatha Christie, An Autobiography
“I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond!
I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.
Behind the eight ball, ahead of the curve, ridin the wave, dodgin the bullet and pushin the envelope. I’m on-point, on-task, on-message and off drugs. I’ve got no need for coke and speed. I’ve got no urge to binge and purge. I’m in-the-moment, on-the-edge, over-the-top and under-the-radar. A high-concept, low-profile, medium-range ballistic missionary. A street-wise smart bomb. A top-gun bottom feeder. I wear power ties, I tell power lies, I take power naps and run victory laps. I’m a totally ongoing big-foot, slam-dunk, rainmaker with a pro-active outreach. A raging workaholic. A working rageaholic. Out of rehab and in denial!
Now that I’ve entered middle age, it’s occurred to me that no matter how high the number of years I’ve lived increases there are a few things I can definitely say I’ll never do:
1. I’ll never tire of hearing that I’m cute.
2. I’ll never quit trying to be the best me I can be.
3. I’ll never quit aspiring to get a bikini-worthy bod.
4. I’ll never base my worth as a woman based on the number of a scale.
5. I’ll never lose my inner childishness.
6. I’ll never spend less than $20 bucks for a haircut unless I’d like to be scalped.
7. I’ll never buy another convertible or (any car smaller then a Toyota Camry)
8. I’ll never judge a book by its cover or anything else by its outward appearance.
9. I’ll never enhance my face by any surgical procedure.
10. I’ll never be able to whistle (I’ve tried! I’m convinced…).
11. I’ll never wish to be anything other than a southern girl.
12. I’ll never waste my time counting calories (life’s too short).
13. I’ll never fly coach on a flight 10 hours or longer (I’ll save up to upgrade to premium)
14. I’ll never run for President nor do I desire to.
15. I’ll never turn down a trip to go anywhere, every place can be adventuresome.
16. I’ll never say never after finishing this list…(laughing)… to be continued…
by Amy Shearn
Maybe it’s because I’m a Libra but I’ve always had a hard time making decisions (or maybe none of that astrology stuff is real, I can’t decide). Big life-changing decisions I can make in the blink of an eye. It’s the little things that get me. For example, I am tortured by menus, only to immediately, inevitably regret whatever it is I’ve ordered. And then there is the matter of light fixtures. To wit, the fan that until quite recently was attached to the ceiling of my kitchen.
A fun look back… Enjoy & thank you to the author The Biz of Pacelinebiz. Great post!
a mindful approach to modern living
Logical and Inspirational quotes
The rhythm of humanity in harmony with nature
The latest news on WordPress.com and the WordPress community.
WordPress.com is the best place for your personal blog or business site.
Lidia. 21. A college student with a blog dedicated to the thoughts and ramblings of the mind.
Experimental abstract art is fun! Everyone should give it a try!
fine abstract art
Paintings by John Wilkinson
Art and Life in the City
Check out my novella "Hamster Dan" - now only $4.99 on Amazon.com!!!
Give me 3 words and I'll write a short story or poem using them. Please be sure to comment, I'd love to hear what you have to say! Check out the "About" page, or add to the "Feel Good List"
Exploring Pure Expression through Art, Music, and Words
Paint Slinger in Inner Space
in words, sights and sounds
“Литературное кафе” — блог Алексея Марковича, где автор выкладывает фото и видео со своих творческих встреч, а также спектакли, поставленные по его произведениям. MarkovichUniverse СОБАКА gmail ТОЧКА com
This path has many roads, eventually they lead to the same destination
The Online Journal of Writer and Photographer John Michael Antonio
Use things. Love people. Don't switch.
Pictures of toes, pictures of feet, making the world a better place, one foot at a time.
art design & oddities